You understand the benefits that modern SaaS-based workload automation solution can bring to your organization, and you’re ready to move away from your existing technology.
Now it’s time to think about migrating to the new solution. This process can seem daunting, especially if you have a vast inventory of processes built on various on-premises legacy solutions over many years. We at Redwood can help. You may even be surprised at how less daunting the process can be.
The three most common questions we hear from customers around migration to our RunMyJobs® workload automation solution are:
- What work is involved and how will it get done?
- How can we make sure our operations continue without interruption?
- How do we validate that we’ve migrated everything correctly when it’s complete?
Our migration approach for RunMyJobs addresses these questions.
It starts with a Process Automation Assessment. That aims to provide insights into your current automation set-up and covers the following important considerations:
- How to align your automation strategy – for example, processes in other areas of the business that can be automated in the future?
- Who’s involved in the automation, e.g. different departments, services providers, other stakeholders?
- How to make optimal use of Redwood products for better performance, usability, development effort and maintenance effort.
- How to put the right governance in place.
- Do you want to use the migration as opportunity to drive change?
Careful consideration of each of these areas is crucial to helping you decide the best migration approach for your organization – as well as how to evolve your automation capabilities in the future.
For the migration, we help you to define standards and configure the basics. Our tools and capabilities will then help you to automate as much of the work as possible, including the creation of repeatable processes.
To make sure your operations continue without interruption, we recommend a phased approach that includes running processes in parallel and starting with small wins to build understanding and confidence among your team.
For validation, we test, review and adjust the implementation, as well as provide training to ensure you can quickly get value from the automation solution once the migration is complete.
With more than quarter of century of experience in automation, we at Redwood have the knowledge, expertise and know-how to make your migration as pain-free as possible.
About The Author
Darrell Maronde is the Senior Product Marketing Manager for Redwood’s workload automation solutions. He has more than 15 years of product marketing experience with on-prem and SaaS software, including solutions for IT and operations.